Tomorrow is the Dewey 24 hour Read-a-Thon!

Friday, October 21, 2011


Guys, it’s almost time for the Dewey 24 hour Read-a-Thon! Seriously, I’m so excited! I participated in the bi-annual read-a-thon for the first time in April and I just loved it. This time I’m also hosting a mini-challenge. The reason I loved it so much is because there’s so much support from other readers. It’s the first time I ever spent a day reading and realized that it was a community event.

The stack of books in the picture, (along with my wonderful pup Oliver), are the ones I’m going to attempt to read during the read-a-thon. If one doesn’t strike my fancy or another sounds good, I may add or subtract them as I go.

So, a couple things before the reading begins tomorrow.

1) If you aren’t participating, I apologize in advance for the multiple posts. I’m sure I won’t post every hour, but I definitely post more than I normally would over a weekend.

2) If you are participating, good luck! Read a variety of books, have snacks on hand and remember to have fun. Make sure you stop by for my mini-challenge during hour 4.

3) If you want more info about the event, visit the event website here. There’s still time to join in!

*Photo by moi.

13 comments:

Kailana said...

Have fun with the readathon!

Sandy Nawrot said...

I love that picture. Such a smart, literary doggy! I shall be reading away on Saturday, but have decided to stay away from the computer. I get nothing done otherwise!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

HI PUPPY!! What a beauty!!

Can't wait to readathon with you tomorrow. ;)

B said...

Have fun and good luck! I did it back in April too and had so much fun, but unfortunately I can't participate tomorrow. I do plan on getting on a couple hours of solid reading time in though, and checking in to see how the read-a-thoners are doing :)

Amanda said...

We have always lived in the castle is an awesome book! :D And please forgive my absolute laziness at capitalizing that entire title, haha!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Sandy - He started licking the books after I took this shot.

Brenna - Stop in and say hi if you want!

Trish- Me too!

Amanda - I've heard such great things about it. I bought it while I was on vacation in the south. It seemed fitting.

*ೃ༄ Jillian said...

I'm participating!! I only have two books planned, but it should take the whole 24 hours. I'm that slow a reader!! :p

Have fun, Melissa!!

Care said...

Oliver is a doll! Oscar helped me during one of the readathons... I will be in and out but I hope to come by here and give you a cheer tomorrow. :)

Bybee said...

Beautiful puppy! I'm so very much in this readathon. Only a few hours to go...can't wait!

bookmagic said...

OMG that picture is so cute!
I'm participating also and can't wait. have fun!

o said...

Good luck! I'll check in, but not too much, hopefully... ;)

Ana S. said...

Good luck, Melissa! Have a great time :)

Jillian said...

Enjoy reading :)