Dewey: Hour One

Saturday, October 22, 2011


It has officially begun! Here's the Hour One introduction questions from the main site...

1)Where are you reading from today?
2)Three random facts about me…
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?

1) Indy, IN
2) a. I just visited the Monroeville, AL Courthouse that inspired To Kill a Mockingbird last week. (see photo above)
b. I review local theater performances once a week
c. I put hot sauce on just about anything
3) 7, but I don't plan to get to all of them.
4) No, I'm just looking forward to a whole day of reading.
5) This is only my second, but I'd recommend reading shorter books and a variety of genres.


Ok, back to reading. I'll post an update on how I'm doing in an hour or two. Good luck everyone!


*Photo by moi*

7 comments:

Amanda said...

My middle son puts hotsauce on everything too. :D

Jillian said...

Yay for hot sauce on everything!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Hot sauce like tobasco? LOL! ;)

Hope you have a wonderful day today, Melissa!

Give me an R
Give me an E
Give me an A
Give me a D

Unruly Reader said...

Happy Read-a-Thon day! My husband puts hot sauce on everything, too. I've learned it's not a statement that my cooking's bland. : )

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I hope you have a great time with the read-a-thon - I couldn't join in this time:( Have fun.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Any kind of hot sauce, tabasco included. It definitely doesn't mean the food isn't good without it though. It just enhances it!

Alexa S. said...

Happy readathon! :)