Book-A-Minute Classics

Monday, July 5, 2010



Who knew dramatic classics could be so funny. When I need a quick laugh, I love looking at the Book-A-Minute summaries of classic novels. I wouldn't read any of the summaries for books you haven't already read though, because there is usually a spoiler.

Here's a few examples...

Huckleberry Finn
By Mark Twain (Ultra-Condensed by David J. Parker

Huckleberry Finn: (Goes rafting. Goes home.)


THE END

The Catcher In the Rye
By J. D. Salinger (Ultra-Condensed by David J. Parker)

Holden Caulfield: "Angst angst swear curse swear crazy crazy angst swear curse, society sucks, and I'm a stupid jerk."


THE END

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

I also love the one about The Handmaid's Tale!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I can't believe I still haven't read The Handmaid's Tale. I need to get one that.

Unknown said...

Love it! Some of them are so accurate you have to be careful reading them if you don't like spoilers. I just checked Ender's Game as I finished it last night - it really does sum up whole plot in 3 sentences LOL!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I know, I love The Andromeda Strain's summary. Too funny.