Book Blogger Appreciation Week

Thursday, June 17, 2010



I'm new to the book blogging world and because of that I'm also new to Book Blogger Appreciation Week. After reading about it on a dozen blogs I decided to check it out for myself. I'm thrilled I did. It sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to find new blogs.

I decided to compete in the "Best New Book Blog" category. It feels strange to nominate myself, but that's the way they do it. I'm excited to participate because I'd love for more people to find my blog and I can't wait to find more blogs I find to become addicted to.

Here are the posts I'm submitting for consideration...

Review Post: Friday Favorites: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Review Post: Book Review: Blindness

Review Post: Friday Favorites: A Moveable Feast

Article: Lois Lowry Lecture

Article: New Bookshelf

For more information about Book Blogger Appreciation Week or to register, visit here.


3 comments:

Jenners said...

Yay for you! I'm glad you decided to participate and nominate yourself. It is a really fun experience ... sure to almost double your blogroll!!

Jessica said...

Good luck! I thought it was odd nominating myself as well (it feels abit like blowing my own trumpet) but apparently they used to have nominations and then blogs that were nominated would pull out because they had no interest in it.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Thanks Jenners!

Jessica - That makes sense. I was surprised that you had to nominate yourself, but I can see how that would work much better.