Wordless Wednesday: Poe's Grave

Wednesday, June 2, 2010


I'm back from Baltimore and for today's Wordless Wednesday, here's
the Westminster Hall Burying Ground where Poe is buried.


(The marker in another part of the burial ground where Poe was originally buried)


(Me and Poe's grave)

(The back of Poe's grave)

It was a beautiful cemetery and there was no one in sight the whole time we were there. I was surprised that people in Baltimore don't seem to care one way or the other about Poe, but I suppose not everyone is a literary nutcase like me.

Photos by moi.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am smiling to myself, as I posted a photo of the book I am reading at the moment and I hadn't even seen your post! I like the first photo because it makes me want to walk along the path and see what is around the corner.

Hannah Stoneham said...

What great photos - I love visiting literary graves too!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Just around the corner was Poe's grave, that's why I love that shot too.

I loved visiting the poet's corner in Westminster Abbey. It's filled with memorials to so many great authors.

Jenners said...

What neat photos!! The first one has a really spooky Gothic feel to it ... love it!