Everything Austen II

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

(Emma 2009)

Stephanie is hosting an Everything Austen challenge and really, I can't resist that. I've read all six of Austen's complete novels and my TBR list is already overwhelming, so I love that she suggests watching Austen movies or reading Austen themed books as an alternative to re-reading the originals.


So here's what I'm doing for the challenge...

1) The Watsons by: Jane Austen

2) The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by: Syrie James
3) Lost in Austen (2008 Mini series starring Amanda Price
4) Emma (2009 BBC starring Romola Garai as Emma)
5) Persuasion (2007 ITV starring Sally Hawkins as Anne Elliot)
6) Northanger Abbey (2008 starring Felicity Jones as Catherine Morland)


The first two are books. I read The Watsons in anticipation of this challenge and I'm going to read James' fictional take on Austen's memoirs. The other four are movies/miniseries of Austen's books or related to them.


I tend to love all things related to Austen, so this should be fun. If you want to join in head over here.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I watched "Lost in Austen" for last year's Challenge... it was my favorite of all the items on my list! So good!

I've also got NA on my list for this year!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to check it out!

vvb32 reads said...

Hi Melissa
To enhance your Jane Austen experience this year, I thought you may be interested in my Jane Austen related event.

The Pemberley Ball!

Schedule is up with posts and giveaways all about Mr Darcy:
http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2010/11/pemberley-ball-2010-schedule.html

You are welcome to enter any of the giveaways which all end Nov 28.

cheerios,
vvb
ps: Come by and get a dose of Darcy!