New Bookshelf

Monday, March 29, 2010


There's something wonderful about a new empty bookshelf, just waiting to be filled. So much possibility. I found this gem at Goodwill this weekend and couldn't believe how well it fit into the only remaining open spot in my library. It was clearly meant to be. So for only $15 and some Pledge action, this bookshelf found the perfect new home.


I love the side detail at the top. It's so simple, but just enough to be unique. It reminds me of the Brooklyn Bridge and reminded my shopping buddy of a cathedral.



The bookcase, already filled, with my Brooklyn Bridge bookends on top. They match the detail on the top perfectly!


Do you guys remember where you've gotten your bookcases (or other pieces of furniture)? I remember each one. I found one of them at a yard sale on my 23rd birthday and it will forever be my birthday bookcase. I've never walked into a store and bought one (because they're expensive!). They've all been thrifty finds or gifts and a couple used to be my mom's, which I love. Everyone has it's own history and has held dozens of books before.

Photos by moi.

3 comments:

claire said...

Love looking at other people's bookshelves. I spied the Penguin hardcovers right away, on top, with the Jane Eyre and Great Expectations, etc. I don't own those but would love to. And spied the Nancy Pearl books. :)

Your new shelf fitting in was serendipitous! And in a blink of an eye it's filled! Lol.

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

That's really cute and what a deal! I need a new bookshelf too - I've got my eye on one at IKEA.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Those Penguin hardcovers were a Christmas gift and now my problem is I can't help lusting after the rest of the set!