Book List: 3 Books That You Loved as a Child

Tuesday, March 16, 2010


There are so many, the hardest part is just picking three.

1) Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIHM: I reread this book so many times. I loved it. I also read all the sequels, though none were as good as the first.



2) The Westing Game: Turtle, America the Beautiful, Westing himself, this book had everything!


3) The Bunnicula Series: How great is the premise of this book? A cat and dog believe their family's new pet, a bunny, is a vampire. I read all of the books in this series (Howliday Inn, The Celery Stalks at Midnight) so many times.

A few bonus books because I can't seem to narrow it down: The Phantom Tollbooth, Tuck Everlasting ,The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Magic and The Secret Language. They are all wonderful.

9 comments:

Jenners said...

I need to get Bunnicula! That just sounds so funny!!!!

Emily said...

I loved all of those! I also loved "The Ordinary Princess," "Which Witch," and "Half Magic."

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Jenners- I think you'd love that series. They are so much fun.

Emily- I'm adding all of those to my TBR list. I haven't read any of them.

Lexie said...

lol I remember the first time I read Bunnicula to my sister she was terrified our cousin's bunny was a vampire (meanwhile the first time I read The Celery Stalks At Midnight to my brother, it has left a lasting phobia of celery to this day and he's 24!)

Unknown said...

Hm, I don't know either of those books. Great choices, though! I have to check them out.

Anonymous said...

I loved NIMH too! Here's my list.

Just Mom said...

I haven't read any of these but they all sound good. I'm guessing you are a bit younger than me :) because I remember seeing these with my kids but not as a kid.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Ha, yes, I'm only in my 20s. So I guess my childhood books aren't that far in my past. But it makes me wonder what wonderful books will be written by the time I have kids.

Becca said...

I think I have seen Bunnicula before but I don't remember reading it. I was a fan of Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle myself.