Eucalyptus

Thursday, March 18, 2010


I recently bought the iPhone app Eucalyptus. I usually don't buy any apps, but I had an iTunes gift card and this one looked great. There are 20,000 classic books available for free (once you buy the app for $9.99). It automatically bookmarks your spot when you're done reading and more.

I tend to shy away from e-books, because I hate staring at a computer screen to read. I'd so much rather have a real book in my hands, which is why I carry one with me everywhere I go. But I think this might be helpful for those occasional times when I'm caught without a book. Or when I'm waiting for someone to get to a meeting and I need to look like I'm busy reviewing an e-mail instead of reading a paperback.

Have any of you tried this app? What do you all think about e-books?

2 comments:

Jenners said...

I don't think I could read it on a screen the size of an iPhone but I could read it on a Kindle (and do). Hmmmm...makes you see a reason for the iPad, doesn't it?

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

It does. I haven't ever used a Kindle, but it's good to hear you read a bit that way. I'll have to see how I like this and go from there.