Dewey 24 Hour Readathon!

Saturday, October 26, 2019

********  UPDATED HOUR 16********
This will be my very first readathon with two kiddos. My infant was born in April and I have a toddler, so this should be interesting. This is my 16th readathon (see links below). Here's a link for more info about the Dewey Readathon. Today you can find me posting on Litsy and Instagram as @avidreader25 as well as here.

Reading Stats
Pages Read: 1,147
Currently Reading: At Large and At Small, The Bookshop, James Herriot's Treasures for Children
Books Finished: 5, Fables: Werewolves of the Heartland, Jack of Fables Vol. 1, Cat & Nat's Mom Truths, Red at the Bone, and The Sandman Vol. 6
Snacks: Blueberry scone, yogurt pretzels, mushroom tarte (thanks Trader Joe's!), baked potato, chips and salsa

Introduction:
1) What part of the world are you reading from? Indianapolis, IN

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Bookshop by Penelope Fitzgerald

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Dark chocolate almonds and yogurt covered pretzels and maybe a Starbucks flat white. 

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I've got a six-month-old baby, so I'm running on very little sleep. I'm also a Director of Communications and an editor of a magazine in my day job. 

5) If you participated in the last readathon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? Last readathon I was pregnant and had a baby just a couple weeks later, so this readathon will feel very different. Less waddling around! 

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
Red at the Bone
2. How many books have you read so far? 3
3. What book are you most looking forward to? Finishing Sandman
4. Have you had many interruptions? I have two little kids... so yes.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? That I was able to get away to a coffee shop by myself this morning. Perfect way to start the readathon!  



PAST READATHON POSTS:
April and October 2011 / April and October 2012 / April and October 2013 April 2014 / April and October 2015 /April and October 2016  /  April and October 2017 / April and October 2018. April 2019.


Photos by me.

4 comments:

Bryan G. Robinson said...

Well, I'm not going to complain about having knee surgery earlier in the week. Nope.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Bryan - Ouch! I hope you're healing and enjoying some time with your feet up reading a good book!

Bryan said...

I am...both...healing and enjoying time up with my feet and a good book (a few). Looks like you're doing well at to the halfway point, and bonus, getting away too...I like to get out to read too, but not today. :)

Brona said...

Congrats on reading so much! With two little ones!