Dewey 24 Hour Read-a-Thon

Saturday, October 12, 2013




******UPDATED AT HOUR 18*******

We're still in Iowa, it's midnight and we're back at the hotel. We have a long day with family tomorrow so I can't stay up all night, but I'm planning to read for as long as I can!

I would love to be reading all day today for the Dewey 24 hr Read-a-Thon, but for the first time since I joined in the fun a few years ago, I won't be able to set aside the whole day. 

The Huz and I are visiting family in another state, so I'm getting creative with my reading. I will be sneaking it in whenever I can today, but I am also going to start my read-a-thon about 7 hours early so I can get the majority of my reading done on the drive out there. So I'm sure I'll have a decent number of pages read at the beginning of the read-a-thon and then add very few for the next 10 hours. I'll do the best I can.

I'm going to be updating this post when I can (from my phone) and so we'll see how that goes. Have a great read-a-thon everyone! 

Pages Read: 402 pgs 

Currently Reading: The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet, The Black Count, This is Where I Leave You

Books Finished: Goodbye, Mr. Chips
Breaks Taken: All day to spend time with family. 
Current Location: Iowa


Photo by moi. 

10 comments:

o said...

Have fun! :)

vikk simmons said...

Hey, whatever you managed will be more than if you hadn't read at all. Enjoy yourself today!

Becca Sanborn said...

I will also be doing other things today, but keep up the reading! *TEAM PANDA*

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Have fun Melissa. Hope you read so good books.

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Very impressive for not being able to read as long! Hope you have a lovely trip and more time to read!

#TeamPanda

Kate@MidnightBookGirl

Buried In Print said...

Nice: sneaky reading. Great plan! And what a lovely story: Goodbye, Mr Chips. Glad you're enjoying the read-a-thon: keep it up! (Team Panda)

Becca Sanborn said...

You are doing great so far, keep it up! #teampanda

Bybee said...

I've always meant to read Goodbye, Mr. Chips.

vikk simmons said...

Checking in to offer some cheer. Hope you're having a great time and have been able to get some reading done.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Thanks guys! I got more reading done than I thought I would. I can't wait until April when I can participate fully again.