Dewey 24 Hour Read-a-Thon

Saturday, October 12, 2013




******UPDATED AT HOUR 18*******

We're still in Iowa, it's midnight and we're back at the hotel. We have a long day with family tomorrow so I can't stay up all night, but I'm planning to read for as long as I can!

I would love to be reading all day today for the Dewey 24 hr Read-a-Thon, but for the first time since I joined in the fun a few years ago, I won't be able to set aside the whole day. 

The Huz and I are visiting family in another state, so I'm getting creative with my reading. I will be sneaking it in whenever I can today, but I am also going to start my read-a-thon about 7 hours early so I can get the majority of my reading done on the drive out there. So I'm sure I'll have a decent number of pages read at the beginning of the read-a-thon and then add very few for the next 10 hours. I'll do the best I can.

I'm going to be updating this post when I can (from my phone) and so we'll see how that goes. Have a great read-a-thon everyone! 

Pages Read: 402 pgs 

Currently Reading: The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet, The Black Count, This is Where I Leave You

Books Finished: Goodbye, Mr. Chips
Breaks Taken: All day to spend time with family. 
Current Location: Iowa


Photo by moi. 

10 comments:

o said...

Have fun! :)

vikk simmons said...

Hey, whatever you managed will be more than if you hadn't read at all. Enjoy yourself today!

Becca Sanborn said...

I will also be doing other things today, but keep up the reading! *TEAM PANDA*

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Have fun Melissa. Hope you read so good books.

Kate Midnight Book Girl said...

Very impressive for not being able to read as long! Hope you have a lovely trip and more time to read!

#TeamPanda

Kate@MidnightBookGirl

Buried In Print said...

Nice: sneaky reading. Great plan! And what a lovely story: Goodbye, Mr Chips. Glad you're enjoying the read-a-thon: keep it up! (Team Panda)

Becca Sanborn said...

You are doing great so far, keep it up! #teampanda

Bybee said...

I've always meant to read Goodbye, Mr. Chips.

vikk simmons said...

Checking in to offer some cheer. Hope you're having a great time and have been able to get some reading done.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Thanks guys! I got more reading done than I thought I would. I can't wait until April when I can participate fully again.