This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for the Best/Worst Series Enders. I came up with three for each category.
1) Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King – Epic in every sense of the word.
2) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – The perfect way to wrap up the series; a bit of tragedy and a bit of hope. I just loved it.
3) Mockingbird – A lot of people didn’t love this one, but the tone felt right to me. War is chaos; there aren’t always long goodbyes before people die.
1) Breaking Dawn – If vampires and werewolves weren’t weird enough, how about we throw in a gruesome birth, rapidly growing kid and a strange affection between the newborn and mom’s old crush.
2) Monsters of Men – I didn’t hate this, but the ending was pretty frustrating to me.
3) The End (Lemony Snicket) – Again, it’s not horrible I think I just wanted a lot more answers than I got.