This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for the Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year. As I looked over the last six months of reading I found a really diverse list of favorites. There are classics, graphic novels, a collection of essays, a re-telling of Hamlet, Victorian dragons, a novel set in Vietnam and some nonfiction.
1) The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
2) Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
3) At Home by Bill Bryson
4) The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
5) This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett
6) Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton
7) William Shakespeare’s Star Wars by Ian Doescher
8) The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli
9) The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
**Barchester Towers gets an honorable mention because it’s my favorite so far in the Chronicles of Barsetshire readalong.