This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for the Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag or Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer. Here’s a list of great beach reads that I recommended last year. Since I did that last year, this year I’ll just list books I’m hoping to get to.
Please let me know of any great summer reads I should add to my list!
1) The final Barcetshire books, I’m getting so behind!
2) Fangirl or Landline - I REALLY want to read one of the two Rainbow Rowell novels I haven’t read yet… or maybe both of them.
3) On the Beach by Nevil Shute – To continue reading Australia and New Zealand books before my trip.
4) Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin (it’s my Classics Club Spin Book)
5) Germinal by Émile Zola – I just have to get to him this year!
6) The Bat by Jo Nesbo – Sandy has been recommending this author for awhile and I’ll dying to check him out. This is the first in the series and it’s set in Sydney!
7) The Patchwork Girl of Oz by L. Frank Baum - I’ve slowly been working my way through this series and this one is the next on the list.
8) The Book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton – For my book club
9) Paris in Love by Eloisa James
10) Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin