This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for your Top Ten Favorite Authors in any Genre. I talk a lot about my favorite modern authors and Victorian authors, but I also read a lot of non-fiction, so I decided to list my 10 favorite non-fiction authors and give you one book I’d recommend from each author. There are dozens more I love, but these are authors that I’ve read multiple non-fiction books from.
1) Ernie Pyle – Brave Men
2) Sarah Vowell – -Assassination Vacation
3) Mary Roach – Stiff
4) Erik Larson – Isaac’s Storm
5) Nick Hornby – The Polysyllabic Spree
6) Sebastian Junger – The Perfect Storm
7) Bill Bryson – In a Sunburned Country
8) David Sedaris – Me Talk Pretty One Day
9) Helene Hanff – 84, Charing Cross Road
10) Jeannette Walls – Half Broke Horses
Image from here.