All Hallow's Read

Tuesday, October 9, 2012


The purpose of All Hallow's Read is to give other people scary books for Halloween. I'm all for giving people books for any reason! This year I'm participating in an All Hallow's Read book exchange hosted by Ana at Things Mean A Lot. I've mailed my scary book off to another participant and I hope they love it! I hope you'll all pass a creepy book along to someone else. Happy All Hallow's Read!

Check out a bit more about the event, including a video of Neil Gaiman explaining it at Ana's blog here.

Image from here

6 comments:

Kristi said...

I signed up for this too! So great of Ana to put it together. I lamely ordered my book for my person online and had it shipped to them (no good bookstores within a decent distance of my house).I'm hoping to send a card and some other things in a package so it's not so impersonal.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Kristi - You know they'll love it! I think this is such a great idea because it's one more chance to get to know a new book blogger and their tastes.

Kristi said...

Very true. I was given a blogger that I'd never heard of and it was fun to look through her blog to try to figure out what she would like. I'll probably start following her blog now because we share pretty similar taste in books.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I was really excited about this as well and hope that there is something similar around Christmas. I think given more time this could have become bigger--the idea to make something small and big at the same time is really intriguing to me. Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeeen!!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Kristi - Mine was the same way!

Trish - I love do the Christmas Secret Santa exchanges. They're so much fun!

Ana S. said...

I think Nicole will probably do the Holiday Swap again this year, so anyone who missed this will have a chance then. And Trish, feel free to take the big-and-small idea and run with it! I think it's a nice way to balance intimacy with inclusion in a blogging world that is ten times bigger than it was when we first started out.