Reading the States: Utah

Friday, November 9, 2012


State: UTAH

Fiction:

- When the Emperor was Divine* by Julie Otsuka
- The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
- The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall
- The Great Brain by John D. Fitzgerald
- A Study in Scarlet* by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey
- Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey
- Papa Married a Mormon by John D. Fitzgerald

Nonfiction:
- The Executioner's Song by Norman Mailer
- Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith* by Jon Krakauer
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston
- Red: Passion and Patience in the Desert by Terry Tempest Williams
- American Massacre by Sally Denton
- The Poet and the Murderer by Simon Worrall
- Nothing Like It In the World by Stephen E. Ambrose
- Shot in the Heart by Mikal Gilmore

Authors Known for Writing in or about the State:
- John D. Fitzgerald

Authors Who Lived Here:
- Shannon Hale
- Richard Paul Evans
- Louise Plummer
- Dan Wells

Great Bookstores:

*Books I've Read

Photo by moi.  

3 comments:

Bybee said...

I was surprised at how many Utah books I've read!

Dale said...

Thanks for reminding me of The Great Brain books! I loved them as a kid. Last year I read The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint by Brady Udall. His Lonely Polygamist could be good.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Bybee - There are so many that focus on polygamy!

Dale - I've never read The Great Brain, but they look so good! I might have to get them for my nephew.