Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart A Little
This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for the Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart A Little. I don’t know how to list these without having possible SPOILERS, so fair warning, if you haven’t read a title on my list, skim the comment!
1) The Book Thief – I love this book. I just love it, but I can’t help myself, I fall apart when I read it.
2) Where the Red Fern Grows – What’s that little boy, you want to get some puppy dogs? Don’t do it!
3) Anne of Green Gables – When Matthew died, enough said.
4) The Time Traveler’s Wife – I know what’s coming, but I still cry every time.
5) Atonement – Ian McEwan is really good at writing sad books, but this one takes the cake.
6) The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter – Holy depressing ending batman!
7) Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close – So good, but not a really an upper.
8) Bridge to Terabithia – Teaching kids how to cope with death since 1987.
9) The final 3 Harry Potter books – First Sirius, then Dumbledore, then Hedwig, then so many others. It’s realistic because they’re at war, but that doesn’t mean I like it.
10) The Knife of Never Letting Go –Manchee’s death was such an unexpected blow.
Image from here.