A few questions and answers

Saturday, February 18, 2012


I was tagged by Suey at It's All About Books to answer the following questions.

THE RULES
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!

Suey's Questions to Me:

1. Do you bake? What's your favorite thing to make? I don't bake a lot, but I make madeleines for the Huz every Christmas.

2. What's your favorite quote? "The world is a great book, they who never stir from home read only a page." — St. Augustine

3. What's your biggest pet peeve? When people complain about not having enough time and money to do the things they want. You never really have enough time and money to do things, but if it's a priority, you find a way to make it happen.

4. Who's your current favorite TV couple? Anna and Bates from Downton Abbey!

5. Where's the best place you've ever visited? London and Budapest

6. What would you do if you could do anything for a whole day? I can't get too far away in one day, so I'll say read all day, afternoon movie and dinner and drinks with my favorite people at night.

7. Look on the floor by your bed... do you have books there? How many? No books on the floor (I have a dog), but 16 next to the bed.

8. What's the best book you've read so far this year (since January)? The Fault in Our Stars and As You Like It

9. What's your favorite book genre? Classics and literary fiction

10. What are you making for dinner tonight? White chicken chili, perfect for cold days.

11. Why eleven questions? Any guesses? Um, because This Is Spinal Tap is awesome?


My Questions:

1. What's your favorite souvenir you've bought on a trip?

2. How many times have you moved?

3. What movie should win the Best Picture Oscar this year?

4. Do you have a dream job? What is it?

5. Favorite Girl Scout cookie?

6. Guilty pleasure TV show you watch?

7. What question do you hate it when people ask you?

8. Your favorite pet you've ever owned?

9. What's the first book you remember reading?

10. What's your favorite drink?

11. What's one thing on your Bucket List?

Tagged: I'm tagging people who have commented lately and as far as I can tell, have not been tagged yet. If you want to post your answers, please do, but you don't have to.

1) Alex at The Sleepless Reader
2) Nomadreader
3) Teacher/Learner at Whatcha Readin', Books?
4) Jeanne at Necromancy Never Pays
5) Cori at Let's Eat Grandpa!
6) Kristi at Kristi Loves Books
7) Kat at No Page Left Behind
8) Ruby at A Thousand Books with Quotes
9) Bybee at Naked without Books
10) Two Biblimaniacs
11) Shelley at Book Clutter

Photo by moi.

17 comments:

Care said...

PUPPY! I agree with your pet peeve. I dislike the word 'busy'. We have soup in the crock pot but it's not really a cold day here like it should be. I suppose I need to see Spinal Tap someday.

One thing on my bucket list is to drive or ride or whatever you do to/on a SEGWAY. They make me laugh and I really want to try it.

Kailana said...

And what a pretty dog it is! Great answers. :) (And great questions, too.)

LindyLouMac said...

I so want to be able to see Downton Abbey.

Jenners said...

Love the St. Augustine quote. I agree with you about time/money. You need to make your dreams your priority and it will happen if you really want it to. Great questions and answers!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Care - This is Spinal Tap is hilarious. I like Best in Show even more. I actually got to ride a Segway once and realized my internal balance isn't good enough to make one of those much fun. You should try it!

Kailana - He is a cutie.

LindyLouMac - You've got to see it! I'm completely hooked.

Jenners - Yes, it doesn't mean it's easy, but it's definitely possible.

Jeanne said...

I want to come and have a drink with you in the evening! I've listed my favorites, here.
Avid Reader’s questions

1. What's your favorite souvenir you've bought on a trip? I learned to buy souvenirs after a newlywed trip when we passed up a Dore-illustrated book in NYC. I still think of that book, and how we should have bought it. Perhaps my current favorite is the cotton wrap I bought in Hawaii. Because it reminds me of paradise.

2. How many times have you moved? Not a lot as a child (at least that I remember) and never as a parent, but after getting married we moved from Missouri to Rhode Island, then to Florida, then to Maryland, and finally to Ohio.

3. What movie should win the Best Picture Oscar this year? I think the only one I’ve seen that’s up for an award is The Descendants. I liked it a lot, but have no idea if it’s the best.

4. Do you have a dream job? What is it? It was teaching, but I’ve given that one up. It wasn’t working out like I’d hoped.

5. Favorite Girl Scout cookie? Samoas.

6. Guilty pleasure TV show you watch? I don’t watch TV except on DVD, but I do love The Simpsons and South Park. Also Big Bang Theory.

7. What question do you hate it when people ask you? What do you DO? Like how I make my money defines me.

8. Your favorite pet you've ever owned? We had a part-Siamese male cat when we shared a house with a friend, in Maryland. He loved us and hated all others. When the friend moved to CA, she gave us custody of that cat and his litter-mate, because she knew we adored them both. Him in particular, though. He was 18-20 pounds in his prime, and had so much personality that after he died I had to get four cats to come anywhere near all the aspects of what I missed about him, and still do.

9. What's the first book you remember reading? I remember my mother reading me Dr. Suess’ The Birthday Book out loud. I always liked the part about how the tallest of all-est was the best present, because I was always the tallest.

10. What's your favorite drink? Um, whatever’s in front of me? I love Coke (and by “Coke” I mean any brown soft drink). I love tea, hot and cold. I love white wine, gin and tonic, frozen lime margarita, and pina colada.

11. What's one thing on your Bucket List? Going to Italy and back to Hawaii.

Suey said...

Love your answers! But especially #3 and 4! :) Love your questions too! I always read everyone's questions and think... now why didn't I think of that?

nomadreader said...

Thanks for tagging me! I'll be answering some of these on Saturday!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Jeanne - I love your answers!Samoas are my favorite too. Big Bang Thoery is great. Your cat sounds amazing. Gin and tonic is my favorite drink as well. If we get together for a drink we'll have to find a place that serves a good one!

Suey - I do the same thing with other people's questions.

nomadreader - Yay, I'll look forward to reading them!

Kristi said...

That white chicken chili sounds delicious. I'll have to try and find a recipe. I totally missed the boat on Downton Abbey. I keep seeing everyone mention how great it is. I'll have to find a way to catch up.

Thanks for tagging me. It'll be fun answering your questions. Work has been crazy, but I'm hoping to get to it early next week!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Kristi - It's good and it's easy, which is the best part. Downton is such a fun show. I got hooked on it last January and I'm glad it has become more popular. Don't stress about answer the questions, just do it if you have time!

BookQuoter said...

Thanks for the tag. Dana also tagged me last week, so I have to do a post on 22 questions? It might take me a while,LOL.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

BookQuoter - Ha, you definitely don't have to do mine. That's a lot of questions!

Shelley said...

I love Anna and Bates too! White chicken chili sounds delicious. I finally answered my questions today. Thanks for tagging me, it was fun!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I've really been meaning to read The Fault in Our Stars. Really really want to. Maybe next month. ;)

Some of your questions...

I think I counted 15 moves the other day (was reading Carrie's answers). Mostly apartment changes in college.

Thin Mints. Kept in the freezer.

Guilty Pleasure Show: Sons of Anarchy (but as I always say...it is based on Hamlet). ;)

Bucket List: White Water Rafting in West Virginia.

Fun questions!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Shelley - I can't wait for the third season!

Trish - It's so good! The Huz likes Sons of Anarchy, but I haven't watched it, I'll have to check it out. Love your answers!

Cori said...

Goodness GRACIOUS I am so far behind in my RSS reader! I'll see about doing these soon! :)