Cloud Atlas Readalong

Thursday, February 16, 2012


One of the things I love most about book blogging is the discussion that grows when we can all talk about the same book. I've participated in multiple readalongs since starting this blog, but I've never hosted one. So I'm really excited to announce that Care of Care's Online Book Club and I are co-hosting a Readalong this March!

We will be reading Cloud Atlas and it will be a very casual, one check-in at the middle and one at the end. You can sign up below.

Here's the schedule.

MARCH 17: Read pages 1-236 and post your thoughts or join in our discussion at Care's blog.

APRIL 2: Read pages 237-509 and discuss your thoughts here at my blog.


I hope you'll join in, the sign up is below. I'll send a reminder email to everyone who signs up as we start the readalong. I can't wait, I've heard wonderful things about this book!

16 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm in! I read this last year and never posted on it, but I'm dying to read it again. I really hope you enjoy it. It's so unique that I think it's a love it or hate it book.

Care said...

YAY! I have been generating interest at goodreads, too! (Off to go find out why my scheduled post didn't.)

annieb said...

Iwould love to join in. This will be my first ever readalong. Better order the book today.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Kristi - I love that we're going to have your thoughts on re-reading it! I bet you will pick up on things the rest of us miss.

Care - That's wonderful! I can't wait to dive in and hear what everyone else thinks.

annieb - I'm so glad you're joining us! You can check used book stores for a copy too. It came out in 2004, so you might find one.

Cori said...

Fantastic! I've owned this book for ages, so it will be the perfect reason to actually read it. :)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Cori - Yay! I've had this one on my shelf for way too long.

Carrie K. said...

I just put a hold on it at the library - fingers crossed it comes in time!

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

I've not heard of this one, but it sounds interesting! A hold was placed at the library this morning... Looking forward to the read-along!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Woo hoo, this is going to be a great readalong!

Kailana said...

I do really want to read this, but I am terrible at read-alongs!

Care said...

Goodness, we have a crowd! :D

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Kailana - Join in if you feel like it. It's not going to be one of those where you have to post every week for 3 months.

Care - I know! I'm excited.

Shelley said...

So very tempted but I keep telling myself "No more readalongs!" I may cave though. My biggest weakness is when it's a book on the 1001 Books Before You Die list, and I'm pretty sure this is on it.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Shelley - I'm always tempted too. Join in if you have the time!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I'm in! I'm in!! Though I wish my cover was as pretty as the first one. Mine is the one on the right.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Trish - Awesome! I have the cover on the right as well. They're both lovely. I'm glad you're in!