Reading the States: Colorado

Friday, February 10, 2012



State: COLORADO
Fiction:
- Plainsong* by Kent Haruf
- American Gods* by Neil Gaiman
- The Shining* by Stephen King  
- The Stand* by Stephen King 
- The Song of the Lark* by Willa Cather
- Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner 

Nonfiction:
- Columbine* by Dave Cullen
- Centennial by James Michener
- Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer
- Whiteout by Ted Conover 

Authors Known for Writing about the State:
- John Dunning 

Authors Who Lived Here:
- Neal Cassady
- Hunter S. Thompson
- Ken Kesey 

Great Bookstores:
*Books I've Read

Photo by moi.

4 comments:

BookQuoter said...

This series is really showing me how concentrated my reads are to a handful of states:(
I have had American Gods for a while, but can't seem to get started on it.

Care said...

American Gods was set in Colorado? huh.

I've read some Hunter S.Thompson but that's it from your list.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

BookQuoter - It's made me realize that I read a TON of books set in England.

Care - Parts of American Gods are in Colorado, but not all of it. Funny fact, my parents lived in Colorado for awhile in the 1970s and they lived next door to Thompson.

Care said...

wow - he'd be a trip for a neighbor!