Book List: 3 Regrettable Book Covers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010



Here's this week's meme from Lost in Books. I've seen many horrible covers, but my list is only made up of books I've actually read.

1) A Girl Named Zippy - The baby is creepy, enough said. (And yes, I know it's the author, but that doesn't make it any less odd).



2) Hadassah: One Night with the King - This is an interesting re-telling of the Biblical story of Esther, but the cover makes it look like a cheap romance.


3) Where the Birds Go When It Rains - You can't even tell what the blue blob is suppose to be, a bouncing ball or a whirling time portal? Unfortunately it's the latter.

7 comments:

Ana S. said...

lol! Yep, those are all pretty terrible :P

Becca said...

You're right- these are pretty bad. Especially the last one. Wow.

Is that book like the movie One Night with the King? It was about Esther. I really liked that movie.

avisannschild said...

I own the first book and I gotta say I agree that it's a terrible cover! Even if the author was attached to using that picture, you'd think they could have chosen a better background for it!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Rebecca- The movie is based on this book. That's why I read it. And the movie did a good job, but man, that cover.

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

Dang, you found some really good ones! Good bad ones. You know what I mean.

Jenners said...

Awwww...I love "A Girl Named Zippy." I'm going to have to regretfully disagree with you on that one!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Jenners- I really liked the book itself. It was such a fun read and it's set in Indiana, which is where I'm from. It's just the cover that creeped me out.