Valentine's Day Swap

Thursday, February 11, 2010


Don't you just love that thrill of finding a fun package in your mail. You may know what's inside or it may be a complete surprise, but either way, it's such a great feeling.

I participated in a Valentine's Day swap hosted by the always wonderful Amanda of First Milk. The package I received from Bird for Bread was ridiculously fantastic. It held a lovely card covered in little hearts.


Then there was a brown paper package all tied up with string. And folks, Julie's right, how could that not be one of your favorite things. The little rectangle held a vintage copy of short stories by Roald Dahl. There was actually squealing and after a second I realized it was coming from me. Dahl, one of my favorite authors in the world, and a vintage copy!!!


As if that glorious bounty wouldn't be more than enough to ensure the happiest of Valentine's Days, there were beautiful copper earrings from her etsy shop. There was also a little pin that has made its way on to one of my messenger bags.


It was sweet and fabulous and I was overwhelmed by the kindness and thoughtfulness of a complete stranger. I'm also in awe of the connections we're able to make through the internet.


So thank you thank you thank you to Amanda at First Milk for hosting and to Amanda at Bird for Bread for the best package I've received in a very long time.

Also, check out Bird for Bread's etsy shop for some really beautiful jewelry. I'm loving that Minerva Cuff. The girl's got some serious talent!

Photos by moi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for the sweet words!! I'm really happy you liked it! xo

Amanda said...

Hooray for swaps! And Dahl, to boot!

melski said...

fabulous earrings! what a great parcel :)