I only took on two reading challenges this year. One is the Back to the Classics Challenge and the other is the TBR Pile Challenge. I've finally completed my TBR list for the year! I read both books on my alternates list and only missed one from my original list. Thanks again to Adam at Roof Beam Reader for continuing to host this all year!
My favorite from the list were The Lotus Eaters, Doc, Blankets, and Tooth and Claw. I struggled with a couple of them, but as always, I love this challenge because it gets me reading books that I've been meaning to read for years!
Here’s my list for 2014:
1) Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (finished January 2014)
2) The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli (finished May 2014)
3) The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski (finished March 2014)
4) One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (finished Feb. 2014)
5) Dune by Frank Herbert (finished May 2014)
6) Positively Fifth Street by James McManus
7) The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer (finished May 2014)
8) Blankets by Craig Thompson (finished April 2014)
9) Kiwi Tracks by Andrew Stevenson (finished August 2014)
10) Doc by Mary Doria Russell (finished May 2014)
11) Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton (finished January 2014)
12) The Americanization of Benjamin Franklin by Gordon S. Wood (finished Jan. 2014)
1) In Dubious Battle by John Steinbeck (finished August 2014)
2) Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery (finished March 2014)
Photo by moi and from Adam's blog.