The Roof Beam Reader (Adam) is once again hosting the TBR Pile Challenge. I am pretty picky about what challenges I participate in, but I love this one because it encourages me to read books I already own.
To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
Here’s my list for 2014:
1) Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (finished January 2014)
2) The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli (finished May 2014)
3) The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski (finished March 2014)
4) One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (finished February 2014)
5) Dune by Frank Herbert (finished May 2014)
6) Positively Fifth Street by James McManus
7) The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer (finished May 2014)
8) Blankets by Craig Thompson (finished April 2014)
9) Kiwi Tracks by Andrew Stevenson (finished August 2014)
10) Doc by Mary Doria Russell (finished May 2014)
11) Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton (finished January 2014)
12) The Americanization of Benjamin Franklin by Gordon S. Wood (finished January 2014)
1) In Dubious Battle by John Steinbeck (finished August 2014)
2) Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery (finished March 2014)
Photo by moi and from Adam's blog.