Wordless Wednesday: Road Trip Photos!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012


I suppose this isn't a very Wordless post, but here are the promised vacation photos! The Huz and I drove from Indiana to Montana and we had so much fun! Here's a few photos from our road trip. 

Above is the mountain view after a hike in Glacier National Park in Montana. I can't even describe the intense blue color of the mountains as the sun was setting. Cameras just can't capture that. Then there's us white water rafting down Flathead River (that's me and the Huz in the front), and me enjoying St. Mary's Lake.


The first place we stopped was St. Paul, Minnesota. Above is the St. Paul Cathedral (incredible!), me at F. Scott Fitzgerald's birthplace and the Fitzgerald Theatre where A Prairie Home Companion is filmed. We also stopped by Fort Snelling, attended a tour/tasting at a local micro brewery, went to Garrison Keillor's bookstore (and a few others) and ate our way through some great local restaurants!


ABOVE: The Huz looking our over the Mississippi River while hiking in the Effigy Mounds in Iowa, the Huz and I at Theodore Roosevelt National Park and me enjoying the gorgeous view of the Painted Canyons in Medora, ND. 


The first photo above is from the Many Galcier area in Montana. On the way out to Montana we couldn't resist staying the night in Fargo, ND. We were surprised (and thrilled) to discover that in the last year the town has gotten its hands on the actual wood chipper from the movie Fargo and they let you pop on a hunter's cap and take your picture with it. I couldn't resist. The last photo is of a replica Norwegian church near Fargo. 

Anyway, we had so much fun. Even driving the endless miles through states like North Dakota were a wonderful reminder of just how beautiful and diverse the USA really is. I never get tired of seeing new places throughout the world, but there's something wonderful about discovering new and beautiful spots in your homeland.

More Wordless Wednesday here.

Photo by me or the Huz.

10 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

Man, you could have had WW posts for a long time with these pictures! But I appreciate having them all at once. Call me a geek but I think that wood chipper experience would have been a highlight for me!

annieb said...

That was great! I love road trips and geek or not, Fargo would have been one of the highlights for me too. Sounds like a fabulous trip.

B said...

It looks like you had a fantastic trip! Thanks for sharing the photos. How was white water rafting? It's something I've always wanted to try!

Kat @ NoPageLeftBehind said...

Ahhh, Glacier - I'm so jealous! The hubs and I used to live and Bozeman, MT and have made the drive from MT to IN twice! Looks like you guys had a blast :)

*ೃ༄ Jillian said...

This looks like an AMAZING trip!! I am especially jealous of the F. Scott Fitzgerald house. :-)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Sandy - I've saved quite a few for WW!

annieb - The wood chipper in Fargo was so cool and very unexpected!

Brenna - White water rafting was a blast! We weren't planning on doing it, but I'm so glad we did. It was a three-hour trip and we got to see so much of the river. I loved it!

Kat - No way, you lived in Montana! I can't believe you made that drive more than once, it's almost 30 straight hours!

Jillian - We really had an amazing time. It was fun to see the street where Fitzgerald was born and grew up. Such a beautiful area of the city!

Jenners said...

You're making me want to go right back to Glacier!! Isn't it stunning!! MORE!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Jenners - You were so right about it, just gorgeous!

Meg @ write meg! said...

How fun! That's a part of the country I've never explored, though I will definitely make plans to check it all out. What a beautiful country we call home . . .

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Meg - It really is, and it's so diverse! The east coast and west coast are so different!