This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for top ten books for people who like a specific author. I’m going to pick Neil Gaiman, but Gaiman’s work is so varied depending on what you read. He writes young adult novels, graphic novels, children’s books, etc.
So instead of listing ten books you might like, I’m going to list ten of his books and then provide a recommendation for each book. This should work in reverse as well. If you’ve never read Gaiman and would like to try him, pick one of the books in the second column that you already know you like and then try the recommended Gaiman book.
1) Stardust – The Princess Bride
2) Neverwhere – The Book of Lost Things
3) American Gods – The Stand
4) Good Omens – The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
5) The Graveyard Book – The Jungle Book
6) Coraline – The Golden Compass
7) Anansi Boys – Big Fish
8) Instructions – The Little Prince
9) Sandman Chronicles – The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
10) Fragile Things – Edgar Allan Poe or H.P. Lovecraft’s short stories
BONUS: The Doctor’s Wife (BBC episode) – All of Doctor Who!