Back to the Classics Challenge Complete!

Friday, December 19, 2014


Done and done! The Back to the Classics Challenge is finally complete! A huge thanks to Karen of Books and Chocolate for hosting this year! The Painted Veil was probably my favorite of the whole bunch.
Here’s the complete list of the books I read and my reviews:

1) 19th Century Classic:
The Warden by Anthony Trollope (Finished
March 2014)
2) 20th Century Classic:
In Dubious Battle by John Steinbeck (Finished Aug. 2014)
3) Classic in Translation:
Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes (Finished Nov. 2014)
4) Classic By Woman Author:
The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan (Finished Jan. 2014)
5) Classic by an Author Who's New To Me:
An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser (Finished Non. 2014)
6) Wartime Novel: The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper (Finished Dec. 2014)

Optional Categories:
1) Classic American Novel:
The Magnificent Ambersons by Booth Tarkington (Finished March 2014)

2) Historical Novel: The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare (Finished April 2014)
3) Classic Mystery Novel:
Strong Poison by Dorothy L. Sayers (Finished Jan. 2014)
4) Classic Book That's Been Adapted as a Movie:
The Painted Veil by W Somerset Maugham (Finished May 2014)
5) Extra Fun Category:
Write a Review of the Movie adapted from Optional Category #4 (The Painted Veil)

I completed all 11 categories and so I will have 3 entries in the final giveaway!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats! Im half way through my last read for this challenge. . . .hoping to get there before Christmas!

JoAnn said...

Congratulations!

Cleo said...

Congratulations! I thought I'd finished early but my list ended up changing at the end and now I still have a movie review to do to complete it! Yikes! And Christmas is coming fast!

I'm very impressed by your classic in translation! That is a very long book. :-)

Belle Wong said...

That's fantastic! Congratulations!

thecuecard said...

congrats on finishing. that's a lot of good classics!

Anonymous said...

wow, congratulations!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

These categories are all so fun! I'm so sad to admit that I didn't read anything from the 19th century this year--probably a first for me in a LONG time. More classics in 2015! Congrats on finishing!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Thanks guys!

Sarah - Good luck! You can do it.

Cleopatra - Don Quixote was a beast. I hope you get to the movie review, you're so close!

Trish - If I had two little munchkins running around my house I think I would have a hard time getting half the reading done that you do!