Where In the World Are You Reading: Unusual Reading Places

Thursday, January 3, 2013



This month's Where in the World Are You Reading theme is Unusual Reading Places. Trish, this month’s host, asks for some odd places where you find yourself reading. My strangest one is probably the dog park (see above). I usually read by listening to an audiobook while I play fetch with Ollie.


The above shot is of my view at work. I read outside at lunch every single day (unless the weather is bad). I suppose that's not too unusual, but it is beautiful!


I also read whenever I'm waiting for something. The above photo is of downtown Indianapolis. I was waiting for my tour of the City Market catacombs to start and it was just a gorgeous day. I also love to read in bars when I have an hour to kill. I'll grab a drink and sit at the bar while waiting to meet a friend or something. I get some odd looks, but I love it.

Photos by moi.

7 comments:

Nikki Steele said...

Cute photos!
I don't think I could get away with reading at the dog park. Two very attention-hungry dogs would be putting their drooly noses all up in my book :D

Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate said...

Great photos and inspiring to always keep a book on hand! Ollie is adorable as well.
Happy Reading!
Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate

Jenners said...

I love the photos!!! And I admire you for making the most of your time. It looks like you have a nice sunny lovely spot at work … that's great!

Alex (The Sleepless Reader) said...

You're very lucky to have such a wonderful spot close to work. I also have my favorite parks and usually lunch is my zen time.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Nikki - I know, I really only read with an audiobook there. That way my hands are free for throwing tennis balls!

Rebecca - Thanks! Ollie is pretty adorable.

Jenners - I never go anywhere without a book!

Alex - I really love it. Even if I can just get outside for a half and hour, it makes the afternoon so much better!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I LOVE that picture of Ollie! But you don't get distracted at the dog park? I think I need to start working on my concentration abilities. ;) And love the shot of outside your work. Doesn't it get cold in the winter?

Thanks for being on the ball! I meant to post on Thursday but... :)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Trish - I'm a good multi-tasker. I get bored if I'm just planning fetch and not listening to a book. It definitely gets cold outside my work in the winter. We have about a foot of snow on the ground right now. I read inside when that's the case, but it's beautiful when the weather is nice!