Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon: Part 2

Saturday, April 9, 2011


The
read-a-thon started at 8 a.m. my time. I was up, coffee in hand, to begin at that time. Seriously people, that's a lot for me on a Saturday. Here's a list of the books I'm attempting to tackle in the read-a-thon (not necessarily all of the book, just some). I may add or delete books as I go, but here's what I've got so far...

Affinity, Twelve Angry Men, Howl’s Moving Castle (in honor of Diana Wynne Jones' passing), French Milk, Unafraid, The Hound of the Baskervilles, Are Women Human?, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass.


This has been such a great morning. I love seeing how many people are participating all over the world (Finland!) and what everyone is reading.

Here's how I'm doing so far...

Pages Read:
344 pages
Books Finished: 3 (Twelve Angry Men, Are Women Human?, Unafraid)
Breaks Taken: 4 (blogging and breakfast)
Coffee Consumed: 4 cups
Music Listened To: Iron & Wine and Josh Garrels
Current Location: Back and forth between the chair in my library and my front porch.
Biggest Distraction:
Getting Ollie, my puppy breakfast and getting on the computer to check on everyone's progress.

Also, here's an awesome map created to show where everyone in the world is reading.

p.s. I won a prize in Hour 4!!! I picked an audiobook that's been on my TBR for a long time, The Plague of Doves. So exciting!

Photo by moi.

6 comments:

B said...

Wow you are a quick reader! I have been reading since 8 (I got a late start) and am only around 200 pages.

Thanks for linking to that map. That is really neat.

Megan said...

Wish it was warm enough here for some nice front porch reading. It's definitely fun seeing how many people from all over are participating.

Looks like you're having an excellent Readathon so far. Keep up the great reading! =D

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

The party’s starting to pop
And you’re already having fun.
Don’t let the momentum stop
And get some reading done!

Congrats on winning a prize!!

*ೃ༄ Jillian said...

Yay on a prize!! And I agree: 8am on a Saturday is crazy!

You're making WAY more progress than me!! Have fun!

Kristi said...

Wow! You're a fast reader. Keep it up, and have fun!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I was going so fast at first, but after awhile you get tired and distraction. I'm discovering that the momentum comes in waves.