I loved my 20s. They were full of adventures and struggles and they taught me so much. I learned how important it is to be unashamed of who you are. I learned that strength comes in many forms and that it's the people in your life that make it both wonderful and challenging. I learned that I need grace every day. I learned to never put your dreams off for another time. If something is important to you, do it now. You don't know how many tomorrows you get and you'll never regret taking one more trip.
On Turning 30
Monday, May 19, 2014Posted by Melissa (Avid Reader)
Today I turned 30, so I couldn't help but think about the past decade. It has been an incredible one filled with unexpected trials and joyful moments.
In the last decade I have ...
- Lived in London
- Worked at a daily newspaper, ad agency, and medical journal
- Become an aunt
- Made friends that will last me a lifetime
- Visited 12 countries in Europe
- Joined the book blogging community
- Bought my first house
- Gotten married to a handsome devil
- Gained a wonderful family of in-laws through my husband’s family and siblings’ spouses
- Taken dozens of road trips across the United States
- Read hundreds of books
- Gained an 80lb bundle of canine love
- Become the editor of a monthly magazine
- Learned how to cook
- Seen 321 plays and musicals
So here's to whatever the next decade holds. I have so much to learn and so much I want to do. I think it’s going to be even better than the last.