Top Ten Favorite Book Covers of Books I've Read This Year

Tuesday, May 21, 2013



This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for the Top Ten Favorite Book Covers of Books I've Read. I decided to keep it to books I’ve read this year.

1) Stardust: The Gift Edition by Neil Gaiman

2) Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens (and all the PEL collection!)

3) Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

4) Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt

5) The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta


6) State of Wonder by Ann Patchett

7) Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

8) Persuasion by Jane Austen (all of the Penguin clothbounds!)





9) The October Country  by Ray Bradbury

10) The Bucolic Plague by Josh Kilmer-Purcell


9 comments:

Ellie said...

I love that cover of Tell the Wolves I'm Home. Some lovely choices there :)

Sandy Nawrot said...

I love those baby goats!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Those are indeed very cool covers. Love the Jane Austen one as well as Leftovers and Tell the Wolves I'm Home (such a great story as well).

JoAnn said...

I love all the Penguin clothbound classics covers. Josh and Brent with the goats are pretty adorable, too!!

Andi said...

I love them ALL! And I just adore Brent and Josh!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

ooooh, I love the Ray Bradbury one!! I haven't paid much attention to book covers this year so don't know that I could immediately pick a favorite. I do love those clothbound classics, though! Are they easy to read? I have a children's edition and it's quite stiff--better for looking at than reading.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I definitely think I have to love the book to love the cover most of the time!

Trish - I think the Penguin books aren't too hard to read. They are definitely more for being on the shelf looking pretty, but I've read a few in that format and it didn't bother me.

Nikki Steele @ BookPairing.com said...

The Song of Achilles cover was just so classic. I loved it!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Nikki - Me too. It's simple, but it says it all.