Ready Player One: Gunter Reading List

Tuesday, August 28, 2012


Ready Payer One
by Ernest Cline
★★★★☆

Everyone has officially read and reviewed this book. So instead of doing that, I thought I would share the Gunter Reading list that Wade talks about in the book. If you haven’t read the book this doesn’t spoil anything and it’s just a fun list of sci-fi/fantasy authors to check out.

Recommended Gunter Reading List
- Douglas Adams*
- Kurt Vonnegut*
- Neil Stevenson
- Richard K. Morgan
- Stephen King*
- Orson Scott Card*
- Terry Pratchett*
- Terry Brooks*
- Alfred Bester
- Ray Bradbury*
- Joe Halderman
- Robert A. Heinlein*
- J.R.R. Tolkein*
- Jack Vance
- William Gibson 
- Neil Gaiman*
- Bruce Sterling
- Michael Moorcock
- John Scalzi
- Roger Zelazny

*Authors I've Read
BOTTOM LINE: I loved the book. It was filled with geeky goodness, fun characters and a plot that really doesn’t let you go. I listened to the audio version and as everyone has already stated Wil Wheaton is so fantastic as the narrator.

Here are a few great reviews that have already expressed my thoughts…

7 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

This was one of my absolute favorite audios last year. It was totally speaking to me...the 80's were my decade, I played all those video games, watched all those movies, and listened to Rush. So glad you loved it!

Nikki Steele said...

Thanks for putting those up, totally forgot about them!
RPO was the book I read while walking down the street because I couldn't put it down. So glad you liked it.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Sandy - It was so excellent!

Nikki - I want to read all of the authors on this list now!

Cori said...

LOVED this one. And thanks for the list -- I remember thinking about how I wish I was taking notes as I was listening to it!

Jenners said...

I so enjoyed this book, and I love the unique way you approached your review!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

LOL! Love it! Scott is listening to this one now and when we were on a cartrip last weekend I heard the part where he was listing off all the authors. I had to smile as I was reading King at the moment.

Neal Stephenson is key--saw a lot of SnowCrash in this book! Also Terry Pratchett is so much fun!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Cori - This book was so much fun! I do want to check all these authors out now.

Jenners - Thanks! I'm a sucker for a good list.

Trish - Pratchett is great! I want to check out more of his Discworld series. I haven't read Stephenson yet.