Top Ten Childhood Faves
Tuesday, December 6, 2011Posted by Melissa (Avid Reader)
This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for our Top Ten childhood faves. I spent so much of my childhood up a tree with a book and so looking back at some of my favorites was so much fun. I became a lifelong reader as a kid and these are some of the books I read over and over again.
1) From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs Basil E.Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
2) Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Magic by Betty MacDonald
3) The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
4) The Mystery of the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks
5) Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
6) Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh by Robert C. O'Brien
7) The Littles series by John Peterson
8) Sideways Stories from Wayside School and other Louis Sachar books
9) The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden
10) Midnight in the Dollhouse by Marjorie Stover
Bonus: I also loved everything by Shel Silverstein and Roald Dahl. There are just too many great books to list.
*Me as a kiddo, too young to read these books, but I was getting there.