Top Ten Books On My TBR List For Winter
Tuesday, November 29, 2011Posted by Melissa (Avid Reader)
This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks what are the top ten books on your TBR List for winter?
1) Little Women – I’ve been meaning to re-read this one for years and since it begins with Christmas, I think that’d be a good time to pick it up.
2) Case Histories – I can’t wait to start this mystery. Nymeth has said good things about it and that’s enough for me.
3) Monsters of Men – I’m reading The Ask and the Answer right now and this one is next.
4) Outlander – I read the first 200 pages of this back in February and just couldn’t get into it. I’m going to give it another shot before the end of the year.
Starting in January I’m going to dig into my list of challenge books for 2011
5) Bleak House by Charles Dickens – For the last few years I’ve read one new Dickens book every winter. It’s my new favorite reading tradition. Something about his rambling prose and huge casts of characters fit perfectly with winter reading for me.
6) Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand – Seabiscuit was great and my book club picked this one.
7) Silver on the Tree – I’ve really enjoyed the first 4 books of this series and I think the final one should be great.
8) Cloud Atlas – I think I’m going to be co-hosting a read-along for this one with Care of Care’s Online Book Club in March next year. I’ll post more about that later, but I think it’ll be a great one to discuss with others. Anyone interested in joining the fun?
9) Forever by Maggie Stiefvater – This is another series I’m about to wrap up.
10) In the Woods by Tana French – This might be the perfect series to curl up with on freezing cold nights.
Image form here.