It's Book Blogger Appreciation Week!

Monday, September 12, 2011


It's the first day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week! I can't wait to check out everything that's going on and find some great new blogs.

There are so many blogs that I've come to love since I started blogging in January 2010. Many have been mentioned by dozens of you as your favorites as well. Sandy, Jenners, Ana, Trisha, Allie, Jeanne, Jillian, Iris, Enbrethiliel, Nomadreader, Bybee, Carl, Teacher/Learner and Diane.

There are a few other bloggers that I haven't seen mentioned many times and I know that can only be because you guys haven't had the chance to check them out yet. In the past year these blogs (in addition to the many mentioned above) have become a few of my favorites...

Brenna at Literary Musings - We always seem to be reading the same books or have the same reaction to books. I know I can always find good recommendations here.

Ruby at A Thousand Books With Quotes - She reminds me to savor each line, whether it's from an old favorite or new recommendation. I love it.

Kristi at Kristi Loves Books - I love the books she reads and her reviews. Just always worth stopping by.

Cori at Let's eat, Grandpa Let's eat Grandpa! - We have such similar taste in books, it's awesome.

Jillian at Random Ramblings - I love her devotion to all things Potter and the great questions she asks.


Darlyn at Your move, Dickens - Amazing taste, great reviews.

There are so many others that are just awesome. When things in my life get crazy busy, the reason I keep up with this blog is you guys. I love the book blogging community and I'm grateful to be a part of it.

For more information about Book Blogger Ap
preciation Week or to participate in the events, visit their blog here.

16 comments:

Trisha said...

Thanks so much for including me! I found it so difficult to narrow down. I read so many wonderful blogs (including yours) that picking out a handful kind of makes me twitchy. :)

Sandy Nawrot said...

You are so awesome to mention me! Now these others, I've never heard of. But that is the beauty of this week...finding treasures to add to my exploding reader!

nomadreader said...

I'm honored to be included in this list! Thanks! Happy BBAW...

Kristi said...

Wow! Thanks so much for mentioning my blog. I have been an awful blogger lately. I need to start posting again. I didn't make a list of favorite blogs, but if I had, your blog would have been very high on my list!

Jillian said...

Ahhh Thank you for even including me here!! That is such an honor <3

Jeanne said...

Now you've piqued my interest and I'll have to go visit all these blogs new to me. Thanks!

Allie said...

Thank you Melissa.

I should have been smart enough just to do a big list...*hindsight*

But I want to tell you much I love and admire what you do here! You are just so wonderful! I appreciate your comments and insight into what I am doing, and I love seeing your thoughts on these classics as well!

Cori said...

Ha! I just posted on my blog about how we read and review so many similar books! I'm glad to call you one of my top favorite bloggers (and I'm happy to be one of yours!) :)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

You guys are what makes book blogging so awesome!

B said...

Thanks Melissa! I'm so happy to see that I'm one of your favorites :) The feeling is mutual! PS - I've been trying to finish The Marriage Plot as quickly as possible to send over to you! As of now I'm about 70% through and I'm hoping to get it on it's way to you by the end of the week :) I'll keep you posted.

Susan said...

One of the reasons I love BBAW is that it helps me find new book blogs - like yours! I'm always amazed at how huge and how totally awesome this community is. So glad to have "met" you!

Cori said...

WEIRD. I just went and re-read my post and for some reason my little blurb about you wasn't there, even though I have it in my nice little email draft that I wrote. I must not have copied everything. ANYWHO, you are there now. I am so happy to be blogger-friends with you! :)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Brenna - There's no hurry! I'm excited to read it, but I have plenty of books to keep me busy until then.

Susan - Welcome to the blog! I'm so glad you found me. My Google Reader is on overload right now from all the new blog subscriptions I've added this week.

Cori - Ha, that's hilarious. I was wondering about that. I thought I just missed it somehow.

Jenners said...

Wonderful list … Iots of ones I want to check out. And I'm a big Kristi fan too!

Jillian said...

Thanks for the mention, Melissa!! I love your blog too, and all your insights on classics and books. I'm going to check out the others on your list. :-)

Heather said...

Ooo thanks for the new blog recommendations! I'm going to have a busy weekend checking out all these new to me bloggers!