Harry Potter: The Ultimate Comfort Read

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I'm once again rereading the Harry Potter books. I've already reviewed them on the blog (see the links to all the reviews below), so I won't be reviewing them again. I just wanted to say that no matter how stressed, busy, etc. that life gets, these books always hit the spot. 

I've also noticed that each time I reread them different things stand out to me depending on when I'm at in my own life. I'm so glad that I can return to them again and again. They are the perfect comfort reads.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Photo by moi.

8 comments:

Bryn @Gleaningful said...

My husband and I have been listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks for nearly a year and we started the Deathly Hallows yesterday. I'm thinking about listening to them all over again after we finish :) The first book in particular is a comfort read for me. I guess because it generated the most excited for me when it was first published. I have really enjoyed listening to them!

Kay said...

I totally agree. I've read them several times in print and also listened to them several times. At certain points in my life, they are the perfect choice. Have a good time! I'm thinking it might be fun to listen again this summer.

*ೃ༄ Jillian said...

I can't wait to do this. xx I only just finished the series for the first time, so I might wait a bit!

Anonymous said...

So very true! Your post sums up exactly how I always feel about the books. It's been a year or two since I re-read them, so I'm definitely looking forward to re-reading them this year! They definitely are the perfect comfort read and, as you said, you always end up picking up something different from them depending on where you are in your life.

Julie @ Smiling Shelves said...

I agree completely! You can never return to the world of Harry Potter too often. It's such a great place to escape to!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Bryn - I love the audiobooks! They are so well done and sometimes I can hear Jim Dale's voice when I'm reading them.

Kay - I've done the same. It's fun to rotate back and forth between listening and hardcopies when I reread them.

Corrine - I'm jealous you just got to discover them for the first time!

majoringinliterature - I've taken to rereading them about every other year as well. The last time was 2013, so I knew this summer would be perfect.

Julie - It is! There are so few books that can let you escape so completely into their world.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Harry Potter books are the best comfort reads! I picked up the first one again recently to read it with my daughters, and then I re-read the rest on my own.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

misfortuneofknowing - I have never been able to re-read just one!