I Remember Nothing

Thursday, May 21, 2015



I Remember Nothing  
by Nora Ephron
★★★☆

Nora Ephron, screenwriter of “When Harry Met Sally” and “You’ve Got Mail” has written a few memoirs over the years. This one dwells on a few thoughts towards the end of her life. She talks about getting older, how things have changed, etc. Ephron’s meandering essays are steeped in her recognizable sense of humor. 

My favorite part was a list of things she will and won’t miss when she’s gone…



I decided to make my own list (below). What would be on your's?

6 comments:

annieb said...

I loved this book and I have pretty much loved every book she wrote. And yes, I have read them all--even Heartburn.

Kay said...

Oh, I need to read this one. I read another of Ephron's books of essays, I Feel Bad About My Neck and laughed over and over. Love your list and hers. Many good points. That first cup of coffee. Ah!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

annieb - I want to read Heartburn. I just watched the movie for the first time the other day.

Kay - I read that essay collection first too! I love that she talks about things we can all relate to.

Carol Apple said...

I will definitely add this to my "to Read" list. It sounds great. I love the idea of making the two lists and think I will make one of those myself.

thecuecard said...

That's a good exercise to do. Hmm. I won't miss: Getting Older, or Getting on a scale; or maybe something like : Going to the DMV .... LOL!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Carol - It was fun to think about the mundane things we do every day that you definitely won't miss!

thecuecard - Yes! Or having to wait in line at any store!