Top Ten Bookish Things That I'd Like To Own

Tuesday, April 15, 2014



This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for the Top Ten Bookish Things (That Aren't Books) That I'd Like To Own. I could list 100 things. Every time someone asks for something specific I'd like for a birthday or Christmas it is inevitably something bookish. 

1) A bookish flask - Seriously, typewriters on flasks, you just can't beat that! 

2) A Spineless Classics print - There are so many great ones (Hamlet, The Hobbit, etc.) but I always thought one of the children's prints (The Secret Garden or Wizard of Oz) would look incredible in a nursery. Not that I will be adding a bursary to my house right now! 

3) An old vintage typewriter - I've always wanted one, but there's not really a good spot in my house to put it. 

4) A Literary Map of Britain 

5) A Persuasion Scarf - It's so beautiful, there are no words. 

6) Things from Out of Print. Seriously, that store is my kryptonite. Their sweatshirts, t-shirts and now jewelry are all so fantastic! I've got my eye on the red Fahrenheit 451 t-shirt and the To Kill a Mockingbird necklace (or maybe the Moby Dick necklace or maybe Vonnegut!) 

7) A classic book cover for my kindle 

8) British phone booth bookends 

9) A custom print with a few of my favorite books 

10) This lovely HP pillow quote.

11 comments:

Marsar said...

I absolutely love #2 and #9 <3. The scarves were also pretty awesome :-D.

Sandy Nawrot said...

Uh that would be a yes to all of these.

Megan said...

I would love to have a typewriter, too; I'd feel so creative every time I wrote, even if my writing was bad. Great list, I think I want everything on it!

Megan @ Bookworm in Love

Brooke said...

I'm with Sandy - yes to all of them. I even have my spineless print selected (The Great Gatsby) and have the perfect yellow frame in mind.

Kat @ NoPageLeftBehind said...

Oooh, I love those literary maps! I've never seen those spineless classics prints before - they're amazng :)

Anonymous said...

I just bought some literary travel posters last night (I got The Shire and Rivendell):
https://www.tanga.com/deals/tourist-s-canvas-art-sale?internal_campaign=front_event_sales

Also, I got my influential books post up today. :)

Kailana said...

Oh, I like the scarves! I want an infinity scarf but I am having a hard time making up my mind!

Anonymous said...

The literary map of Britain is just awesome. I'd love to have one of those up in my house. The Persuasion scarf is gorgeous too!

o said...

LOVE that flask. I've got a rubbish scuffed silver one, and I do think it's possibly lost. I think I NEED to buy one ;)

Ruth @ with freedom and books said...

That British lit map is great. I just found one for the United States. It would amazing to find a worldwide lit map. I am very tempted to get one of my own.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Marsar - Those Spineless prints are just brilliant.

Sandy - I had fun fake shopping for everything on the list!

Megan - I know! And then I wouldn't be able to get distracted by the internet.

Brooke - The Gatsby print is so gorgeous!

Kat - I'm all about words as decorations!

abibliophilesstyle - Jealous, that's awesome!

Kailana - I'm a complete scarf addict. I have one is just about every color, but none with text... yet.

majoringinliterature - I love them both!

o - Obviously you need to get a new one!

Ruth - The US one would be fantastic too!