Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders

Tuesday, October 8, 2013



This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for the Best/Worst Series Enders. I came up with three for each category.

BEST

1) Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King – Epic in every sense of the word.
2) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – The perfect way to wrap up the series; a bit of tragedy and a bit of hope. I just loved it.
3) Mockingbird – A lot of people didn’t love this one, but the tone felt right to me. War is chaos; there aren’t always long goodbyes before people die.

MEDIOCRE
1) Breaking Dawn – If vampires and werewolves weren’t weird enough, how about we throw in a gruesome birth, rapidly growing kid and a strange affection between the newborn and mom’s old crush.
2) Monsters of Men – I didn’t hate this, but the ending was pretty frustrating to me.
3) The End (Lemony Snicket) – Again, it’s not horrible I think I just wanted a lot more answers than I got.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Glad to see so many people listing Mockingjay as a favorite. I thought it was just such an honest ending.

Belle Wong said...

Haven't read the Hunger Games trilogy, but definitely agree with Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Brooke - I did too. I know a lot of people weren't fans of it, but to me it felt right. War changes people, it's brutal and doesn't give people the story book ending they might have expected.

Belle - Those are such great ones!