Dickens and Poe

Saturday, December 1, 2018

I'm a sucker for a lovely new edition of a classic. It's seriously my Achilles' heel. When it's a cloth bound classic I'm doubly tempted. The sweet folks at Oxford University Press sent me a couple of these beauties and now I'm in danger of buying the whole series! 

The two pictured are "A Christmas Carol & Other Stories" by Charles Dickens, which is perfect for this season. The second is from one of my favorite authors, Edgar Allan Poe. He might not seem like the perfect Christmas choice, but for fans of his work he definitely is! Each edition includes a collection of short stories. A Christmas Carol also includes many of the original illustrations, which are particularly fun! 

I love the stories chosen for the Poe collection. It's filled with so many of my favorites and others that many are unfamiliar with. In the Dickens, you find the well-known Carol, but also many of his other Christmas stories. So if you're making your own Christmas wish list or shopping for others, you can't go wrong with these editions. 
I received these copies for an honest review. 

No comments: