R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XII

Thursday, August 31, 2017


Jumping on board for this fun event. I do love reading mysteries in the fall and already had The Lying Game by Ruth Ware on my radar. Thinking about reading Lisey's Story by Stephen King as well. Also, the whole group is reading David Mitchell's Slade House together! Obviously I love reading Mitchell with a group (see the fun we've had with Cloud Atlas and Bone Clocks). I'm going to attempt the Peril the First level (see below). Happy spooky reading everyone!

Andi and Heather are hosting it here if you want more details

Peril the First:
Read four books, any length, that you feel fit (our very broad definitions) of R.I.P. literature. It could be Stephen King or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Shirley Jackson or Tananarive Due…or anyone in between.

5 comments:

Andi said...

So glad you're in! The readalong is going to be grrrrreat!

Ti said...

I'm joining in as well. Working on my reading list.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Andi & Ti - Love this event!

Nikki (www.bookpunks.com) said...

So what four books are you going to read? Or you going to pick by mood as you go along?

I am a bit late, but am really excited to be joining in. RIP is one of my favorite reading challenge things every year. Huzzah!

(Just put up my ramblings on the subject if you're interested: http://www.bookpunks.com/peril-12th-season-horror-arrived/)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Nikki - I love this reading event too! I am reading Slade House and Faceless Killers for sure. After that I have a few possibilities: Notes on a Scandal, A Rule Against Murder, and the Patrick Melrose novels.