This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for the Top Ten Characters I Would Want with Me on a Deserted Island. Such a fun question!
1) Ford Prefect from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – His job was literally to create a guide with information about surviving on any planet. I bet he would have some great stories in addition to survival tips.
2) Hermione from Harry Potter – She’s clever and kind and has already proved herself valuable in countless situations.
3) Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones – He would provide witty conversation, definitely an asset.
4) Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings – He’s been to Mordor and back, so he’s got endurance. Plus he’s endlessly loyal.
5) Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games – She wouldn’t be much fun, but I bet she’d be able to catch us some dinner. The girl’s got survival skills.
6) Robinson Crusoe – He would already know how to survive on a deserted island, which is helpful.
7) Guy Montag and his friends from Fahrenheit 451 – It might be cheating, but I’d love to take a couple of the people who have an entire book memorized. They could recent it allowed to keep everyone entertained.
8) Abbe Faria from The Count of Monte Cristo – He’s wise and willing to teach others. He’s a hard worker and infinitely patient.
9) Ender Wiggin from the Ender’s Game series – In addition to being a strategy genius, Ender has learned to value dozens of cultures throughout the universe.
10) Anne Shirley – When things seem bleak Anne would cheer everyone up.